I received yet another email from a Kickstarter project designer. But, so polite, I wanted to give our readers a heads up. The $30,000 target is almost complete — just a few bucks shy. Also, the project is based in Toronto at the very cool Planet of Sound store.
Remember the full function receiver? They seem to have gone the way of the Dodo, and with a phono stage? Forget it. So, it was nice to see this cute little box that’ll power your gear and a turntable.
They say ‘The Mies i100 is a result of years of research and testing, gleaned from extensive comparison listening. We plan a retail of $399. The built in phono input sounds as good as any external one up to $300. The Mies i100 has an incredibly clear, natural and powerful sound. It can party with the best of them, or deliver finesse and delicacy at low volumes. It’s a great match for any speakers costing up to $1500.’
- 2x Aux inputs (for CD, Computer, iPod, etc.)
- 1x Phono input for your turntable
- 1x 3.5mm front input for convenient phone or iPod connection
- 40 watts per channel of high current power
- Superb sounding headphone jack
- Record output to add more amps for more speakers
- Preamp output for adding a subwoofer
It looks good and is inexpensive. If it does come to fruition, we’ll be sure to get a review copy and report back to you.